Dr. Mehemet Oz, a noted NY surgeon and health care advocate, sited energy medicine as the medicine of the future. Quoting from Dr. Oz, ” The reason I’m so excited and passionate about alternative medicine is because it is the globalization of medicine”. Dr. Oz noted, “Alternative medicines, deals with the body’s energy, something that traditional western medicine generally does not recognize. We’re beginning now to understand things that we know in our hearts to be true but we could never measure. As we get better at understanding how little we know about the body, we begin to realize that the next big frontier in medicine is energy medicine. It’s not the mechanistic part of the joints moving. It’s not the chemistry of our body. It is understanding for the first time how energy influences how we feel”.
Healing with energy occurs through balancing qi, prana or otherwise known as life force energy; electromagnetic energy. This electromagnetic energy surrounds and pervades all living creatures. Ayurvedic medicine is a complete system of medicine that recognizes the root causes of symptoms or disease and treats the client as a whole system. In this way, dis-eases will be seen and worked with before they reach the physical body.
Have you ever said or heard someone say” oh, this again”, “ I thought I dealt with that pattern”. Here’s why it returns.
Simply speaking, some 80% of disease is caused by stagnation of energy or blockage while the remaining 20% is said to be caused by deficiency. The bottom line is that the client must remove the stagnation and take steps in order to ensure the stagnation does not return. Stagnation occurs both in the physical body and in the subtle bodies. Blockages occur where there are inherent weaknesses. It takes time to remove blockages depending on how deep the pattern is. Often a deficiency and blockage occur at the same time. The goal of healing is not just to treat symptoms but to uproot the cause and allow for a free flow of energy.
It is essential that clients participate in this process. Meditation and spiritual practices assists the client in connecting to something larger then themselves and understanding their condition from a greater perspective of wholeness. It also opens one to tremendous healing forces that are available from the spiritual realms.
Dietary changes are important to assist in the removal of stagnation and to give support to any deficiencies.
Marma Therapy; energy healing from Ayurveda supports the body to restore energy, prevent disease and remove blockages. By gently touching these energy points underneath the skin’s surface the self correcting mechanism inherent in all beings is therefore stimulated.
Meditation allows one to develop”witness consciousness” and compassion; therefore developing new relationships with old patterns- essential for healing to take place. Ultimately it’s “our relationship with” that creates change.
Personal Process Work:
Guided meditations, breathing exercises/pranayama;All these things are necessary to clear the emotional/mental bodies. Physical illness can result in long standing emotional suppression. It is equally as important to challenge one’s false and limited belief systems and to have support for necessary life changes.
Ayurveda considers us to be an expression of the macrocosm; as a bridge between heaven and earth. For each of us to reach our full potential a free flow of energy is required at all these levels.
I recommend healing with energy be a regular part of your path to vital health. With regularity and consistency one can reach great openings of creativity, self purpose, self worth, and joy. I assure you, it’s a journey worth traveling.
Gedaliah Genin Naturopath/Ayurvedic Marma Therapy